Sunday 29 July 2012

Coffee @ Ridley's - Dalston Lane


Good morning Dalston, meet Ridley's cafe, on Dalston Lane. Popped up almost overnight a few months ago this is one of many on the lane but it's also one of the prettiest. I have to say, I really like what they've done with the space, the handmade (I am guessing here, about 96% sure) tables an the fun ladder lights on the ceiling.

The cappuccino is nice but a bit small at £2.50, though you will be given another one if you think the one you got wasn't frothy enough - they're keen to do a good job here, that's for sure.

Taking a break from gymnastics and advantage of a brief sunny spell I was happy to check this one out. It was really quiet (only me +1) which normally means

talking to your mate feels a bit like you're on stage performing the vagina monologues. Instead, being the only customers at Ridley's was really pleasant, they were playing nice music at perfect volume (which i'm sure is monitored for the purpose, thank you guys) and were friendly without becoming your best friend, which is the other common issue when nobody else is around.

And now, for a completely unrelated (well, kind of) 'What's wrong with me?' moment, behold the bloody amazing Ridley Road market - which I discovered today after living 100 metres from it for years. Well done me, sometimes I wonder whether my glasses are really seethrough or whether they are, in fact, mounted with cement. I had no idea.



I mean, I did have an idea that it was there, I kind of knew there was a market there and I should go check it out at a certain point, but I hadn't yet and kind of forgot about it. Well, they sell lots of amazing stuff. Vegetables (odd ones), meat (lots, including hooves, heads, blubber and other things I have no idea how to approach) and fish, red, pink, blue(!!) fish for all. It looks great, it smells great and women get complimented as they buy their blue fish, bull's balls and chicken's feet.

Come to Ridley's cafe and then go to do your weekly shopping. Enough Able & Cole - get OUT of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment