Saturday 7 September 2013

HW Coffee+Records - Lower Clapton Road

118 Lower Clapton Road E5 0QR (map)

What a gem, my friends!

I was just walking back home from Palm 2 with all my shopping for the weekend when a loud wave of Brian Ferry diverted my purposeful stride from my tracks and got me right in front of a counter, behind which a really nice guy asked me 

'What would you like?'




Why, I was in a café!




This one has only been there two weeks. It's small and all the better for it, there are two red velvet armchairs by the front window, with a table and a record player (blasting Ferry), then two more tables and chairs, a stool bar, and that's pretty much it.






On the wall there is also an awesome selection of 12" and 7" available to buy and take home with you.

The cappuccino was good, the dude asked before adding chocolate powder (no thanks), they were selling cute granola pots, and the loyalty card asks relevant questions and rewards you after just 5 coffees. Are they sweet or what?

This is a really cool place, I will be back all the time. That's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment